Welcome to Squash TF documentation portal !¶
Squash Test Factory (aka Squash TF) is a set of components whose purpose is to help implement and run the automated tests of your projects.
More precisely, our goal is :
- to be able to run your tests whatever the technology you used to implement them
- to facilitate the run of your tests on multiple environments
- to offer a solution which allows the use of multiple test stacks in one test
- to bring tools easy to integrate in CI/CD pipelines
Squash TF in the automated testing life cycle¶
A typical cycle to create an automated test has 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Specify the test to achieve
- Phase 2: Implement the automated test based on the description done in Phase 1
- Phase 3: Run the test implemented in phase 2
Let’s see how Squash TF can help you in each of these phases.
The specification phase¶
Sorry ! Squash TF is not intended to offer help during this phase. However, its brother project Squash Test Management (aka Squash TM) can.
In addition, it is possible to establish a bridge between Squash TF and Squash TM for the run phase.
The implementation Phase¶
When it’s time to implement your automation tests described in phase 1, you have a wide range of tools at your disposal.
Factors that will influence your choice are :
- Your automation test’s nature (GUI test, REST API test, etc)
- Your preferred implementation language (Java, C#, python, etc)
- Your preferred scripting technique (linear, keyword-driven, etc)
For now, Squash TF is able to run, during phase 3, automation test implemented with the following tools/framework :